Contact Center Agent Tempe AZ (full-time) - Position Overview
We are in immediate need of a full-time member service contact center agent (call center). This is a fast paced environment with aggressive career path opportunities. As part of the AFCU team, you will focus on making our members’ experience extraordinary while contributing to a positive work environment as you bond with your coworkers and leadership in a social, yet professional environment.
Some of the essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Handling member service calls in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Resolving member questions and problems regarding account statements, loans, payments, transfers, interest rates, investment certificates and new accounts.
- Performing limited research functions as needed.
- Coaching members and building member relationships by cross-selling core deposit products and services that would benefit member.
- Assisting members with their lending questions and explain credit union policies.
- Obtaining additional loan information and documentation when necessary and help with loan applications.
- Supporting marketing and lending initiatives by proactively soliciting business and selling Credit Union products and services.
- Supporting all functions within the Contact Center Department.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Additional business related course work preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience in a full service financial institution (preferred but not required)
You will be primarily responsible for serving our members, so there are certain skills and attributes that we are looking for, namely:
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interviewing and selling skills.
- Solid math and bookkeeping abilities.
- Ability to operate related business equipment including 10-key, telephone and computer systems.
- Flexibility to adapt to procedural changes.
- Cooperative and works well with others.
In addition, we provide benefits such as:
- Competitive pay – along with the occasional bonus
- Tuition Assistance – we support your educational goals
- Comprehensive insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision and more
- Flexible hours available – we can work with your school schedule, if needed
- 10 paid holidays – including both federal and state holidays
- Paid leave – if you work 30/40 hours weekly, you'll start earning as soon as you're hired
- 401(k) & pension retirement plans – it's never too early to start saving!